5 Reasons To Have A Buffet For Your Family Gathering
Imagine yourself on your anniversary or birthday morning: You’ve got dishes on the stove, rolls in the oven, and a table to set. As dinnertime looms, you’re trying to remember which cousin likes dark meat and which one likes white, who hates Brussels sprouts, which of your nieces is vegan, and how to serve the gravy. Whew! You probably need a glass of wine.
To ensure maximum happiness all around, consider serving your meal buffet-style and have it delivered. Here are five reasons why:
1. No plating – There some days you just don’t need an extra task to worry about. At a buffet, everyone can serve themselves, so you’re free enjoy their company.
2. No waiting – At a buffet-style meal, guests can get up and refill whenever they like. You don’t have to pass dishes around the table all night, and no one has to wait for seconds.
3. More room for wine! – Just kidding! (Kind of). Have your buffet delivery and set out on a table or kitchen work surface. Free up space on the table drinks of all kinds.
4. Personalized meals – With allergies and general likes and dislikes to contend with, entertaining can be a minefield for a host. It’s nearly impossible to plan a single three-course holiday meal to please an entire crowd. A buffet allows you to serve a variety of foods that might not otherwise fit together. A vegetarian can double up on sides and skip turkey, a vegan can bypass the creamed corn, and so on. This is particularly useful when it comes to dessert: No shouting of individual requests — just set out your platters and let them at it.
5. No duplicates – A meal for a crowd usually spans a large table or multiple tables, which often means duplicates of every dish; this is both more time-consuming to prep and requires you to own lots of serving dishes. For a buffet, you can set out one of everything and not worry about anyone missing out.
Buffet or not, entertaining is a lot of work. Spend your time with family and friends not your oven and dishwasher.